Computerized Accounting with Sage 50® 2013 teaches all key accounting software skills supported in the 2013 version of the Sage 50® software. In addition, it covers the accounting concepts associated with each chapter. Detailed step-by-step explanations followed by hands-on exercises provide students the opportunity to practice using the program features immediately after learning about them. A variety of end-of-chapter exercises help ensure mastery of the key course content.
After completing Computerized Accounting with Sage 50® 2013, students will be able to create a company file, run accounts receivable and accounts payable, manage time-tracking and payroll, track inventory, manage budgets, maintain ledgers and journals, and create reports.
Several aspects of this text are unique and will lead to better student understanding of the material while giving the instructor the flexibility needed in the classroom. These features include
- Learning objectives that focus the instruction for each chapter.
- Thorough explanations of accounting concepts students will learn before using Sage 50® functions.
- A step-by-step approach and detailed screen captures that present software instruction.
- Definitions of key phrases and helpful hints that are included in the margins.
- Checkpoint quizzes that are located at the end of each major section in the chapter.
- Practice exercises specific to each objective (with selected answers) that are provided at the end of each key content section.
- Two levels of comprehensive case problems that test students’ knowledge of the learning objectives.
- Cooperative learning problems that focus on specific chapter issues are available in each chapter.
- A writing and decision-making problem relating to chapter learning objectives that is included at the end of each chapter.