Learning Solutions Specialist
The Learning Solutions Specialist (LSS) will assist users of EMC products with the initial implementation training on program resources including digital resources, and provide ongoing professional development to established users. The LSS will play an important role in relationship management by ensuring EMC’s customers receive the intended benefits of EMC’s programs and digital resources. The LSS will present demos and in-depth presentations on behalf of the Sales and Marketing teams to promote EMC products and may represent EMC from time to time at conferences. The LSS will work closely with the Product Development teams by providing customer feedback, and contributing suggestions for future enhancements, and will help keep all related support collateral updated, author any new support material when necessary, and keep EMC tracking and record systems up to date. This position will be based out of the Dallas, Texas area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct initial product implementation training, including digital products, to new EMC customers
- Provide in-services and ongoing product training and professional development to EMC customers
- Form part of the customer relationship team along with Account Mangers, Customer Service, and Technical Support to provide EMC customers with outstanding service and support
- Present and demo EMC products at sales presentations, conferences, on WebEx’s, etc. on behalf of EMC Sales and Marketing departments
- Assist Account Managers with closing sales by facilitating high-touch, in-depth communications with potential customers
- Help create and maintain support and educational materials for EMC products, particularly EMC’s digital products
- Provide user (customer and personal) experience feedback to Product Development teams to inform development of EMC products
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience
- Advanced degrees in a World Language (Spanish, French, German preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years teaching experience in a K-12 World Language Classroom
- Demonstrated experience in presenting in-person and online
- Tech savvy with an interest in Ed-tech trends
- Knowledge of common operating systems, software, and digital services
Qualifications, Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written communications
- Experience in presenting both live and online presentations using common presentation software such as PowerPoint, Keynote, WebEx, etc. to large and small groups
- Effective in communicating complex technology information in clear, precise language
- Knowledge of operating systems and digital devices: PC and Mac, mobile devices, projection equipment, etc.
- Technology literate to work directly with the digital team to successfully implement training and support for educators
- Adaptive to a constantly evolving technology platform and quickly able to learn these changes in order to support customers
- Ability to collaborate, assist and advise account managers in building opportunities and to schedule in-services for new and existing customers; this includes helping build customer relationships, reaching out to customers on behalf of the account managers and doing live and online presentations for sales and in-services
- Capable of working in conjunction with the sales and marketing departments on the creation and editing of presentations and other collateral intended as sales and support material for customers.
- Provide exceptional customer service to deliver program and technology solutions and support
- Relay teacher and student user experiences, suggestions and/or problems to the digital team on a regular basis
- Self-motivated and capable of multitasking and working from a mobile office while traveling
- Willing to travel overnight up to 70%
The ideal candidates will have a BA, BS, or Master’s degree, as well as K-12 teaching experience. This position requires up to 70% overnight travel during the peak sales season, therefore living near a major airport is a must. Residing within territory is preferred.
EMC Publishing offers market-competitive salary with excellent benefits.
To be considered for this position, you must submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements by applying through firstname.lastname@example.org or LinkedIn.com
No phone calls please.
EMC Publishing LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disability.
EMC Publishing, LLC is committed to providing Equal Opportunity to all applicants. In accordance with our policies and federal law, we’re committed to provide reasonable accommodations. If you are a qualified disabled person, a disabled veteran or have other barriers to access our online application system, please contact Sally Bannochie at 651-290-2800 to discuss alternative ways to apply for employment.