- Portable anthology of literary works! Selections, both classic and contemporary, offer a rich reading experience; margin spaces allow students to actively record their thoughts and notes.
- Embedded reading strategies! For each reading selection, learners receive explicit instruction on how to apply a specific reading strategy to each stage of the reading process and then practice applying the strategy.
- Multiple strategies to compound success! Students learn eight active reading strategies and how to combine and apply them to any reading task for greater understanding of the text.
- Standardized test practice! Students learn how to demonstrate essential reading skills and gain confidence in testing situations.
- Vocabulary builders! Student vocabulary is increased through Word Workshops and strategy instruction in deciphering difficult words.
- Supplemental Web-based activities! Students participate independently in additional interactive reading practice online.
Priced right, it’s a small investment for a big return!
The EMC Write-In Reader Teacher’s Resource includes:
- Reading Levels Guide and Readability Guide chart that provides the reading level for each selection.
- Teaching Tips that define eight reading strategies your students will learn and identify teaching techniques you can use to teach these reading strategies.
- Professional Resources that support the strategies and teaching techniques used in The EMC Write-In Reader.
- Lesson Plans and Answer Key that follow the organization of the ten instructional units in The EMC Write-In Reader, providing specific teaching strategies and activity answers for each unit.
- Appendix: Authentic Writing Prompts that provides additional leveled writing prompts for each selection to help students practice their writing skills. Prompt 1 is easy, prompt 2 is moderate, and prompt 3 is challenging.