For a limited time, take 20% off ALL Write-In Readers! Use promo code 'ReadingRefresh1' at checkout.
Portable anthology of literary works! Selections, both classic and contemporary, offer a rich reading experience; margin spaces allow students to actively record their thoughts and notes.
Embedded reading strategies! For each reading selection, learners receive explicit instruction on how to apply a specific reading strategy to each stage of the reading process and then practice applying the strategy.
Multiple strategies to compound success! Students learn eight active reading strategies and how to combine and apply them to any reading task for greater understanding of the text.
Standardized test practice! Students learn how to demonstrate essential reading skills and gain confidence in testing situations.
Vocabulary builders! Student vocabulary is increased through Word Workshops and strategy instruction in deciphering difficult words.
Supplemental Web-based activities! Students participate independently in additional interactive reading practice online.
Priced right, it’s a small investment for a big return!
The EMC Write-In Reader Teacher’s Resource includes:
- Reading Levels Guide and Readability Guide chart that provides the reading level for each selection.
- Teaching Tips that define eight reading strategies your students will learn and identify teaching techniques you can use to teach these reading strategies.
- Professional Resources that support the strategies and teaching techniques used in The EMC Write-In Reader.
- Lesson Plans and Answer Key that follow the organization of the ten instructional units in The EMC Write-In Reader, providing specific teaching strategies and activity answers for each unit.
- Appendix: Authentic Writing Prompts that provides additional leveled writing prompts for each selection to help students practice their writing skills. Prompt 1 is easy, prompt 2 is moderate, and prompt 3 is challenging.