The Web Developer position is responsible for developing and maintaining innovative websites and digital content management. This role builds the organizations websites and keeps them running smoothly. This includes assisting with the design, building and implementing new web pages and sites that adhere to current HTML and CSS standards, integrating sites with back end applications, migrating legacy applications to the web, and performing day-to-day administration of the organizations web portfolio. Use of a variety of web development languages is required. In addition to hands-on web development, this position will also act as project manager for web projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in setting organizational web development strategy
- Define and document website architecture and overall site structures
- Develop and communicate website usage, security policies and standards
- Establish policies and procedures for publishing web pages and applications
- Conduct research into current and emerging web technology and issues in support of web development efforts
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Identify, recommend and prioritize new web features and applications
- Develop, code, install, test, debug, and document websites and applications
- Update websites pages to ensure site accuracy and currency
- Ensure security of all websites and related applications
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with existing web applications and sites
- Design, develop, and update databases as they relate to web applications
- Perform periodic website audits
- Monitor and report on website traffic and performance
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Create and maintain software documentation and knowledgebase
- Create html emails and other items for various marketing campaigns
- Strive for continuous improvement, in terms of efficiency of support processes, customer satisfaction, and the application of tools for monitoring, management and optimization for all websites
- Maintain web-based digital deployment processes (custom apps/digital code delivery)
- Streamline and automate new digital processes and back-end functionality.
- Build and maintain custom CMS solutions to support the business.
- Content Maintenance and Migration responsibilities for customer-facing digital platforms
- Establish and maintain effective version control system for Digital Content
- Stay plugged in to emerging technologies/industry trends and consult with stakeholder groups.
Required Education and Experience
- Background in Computer Science, programing or related field
- 1+ years of related experience in web development & content management
Qualifications, Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Experience with responsive design and mobile site development.
- Experience with LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) hosting environments.
- Experience with web hosting and management consoles (SiteWorx, Webmin, cPanel, etc).
- Experience with version control (GIT/Subversion)
- Experience with image editing software (Photoshop). Ability to modify and optimize images for the web
- Understanding of some or all of the following: SEO, social media integration, site accessibility, site architecture, UI and UX best practices, and marketing automation tools.
- Understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Understanding of DNS and domain registrars.
- Understanding and experience with Google Analytics
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Ability to stay extremely organized and use ticketing system and resolution/time tracking, and provide timelines and hours for estimates as they relate to projects
- Ability to work with customized solutions (in-house CRM and SalesForce) and learn new technologies.
- Creative and analytical problem solving skills using outside-the-box thinking to provide innovative solutions
- Basic Project Management understanding
- Organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen, ability to multi-task and shift priorities based on company needs, excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong attention to detail, ability to work independently or with little supervision.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Must have a clear understanding of computers, websites, databases and networking technologies and the ability to take initiative to learn about various products and how they work
Desired Education, Qualifications, Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- BS in Computer Science, programming or a related field
- Experience with Magento theming and development.
- Experience with ExactTarget email campaigns, landing pages, and AMPscript.
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Experience with application development.
EMC Publishing offers market-competitive salary with excellent benefits.
To be considered for this position, you must submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements by applying through firstname.lastname@example.org, LinkedIn.com, or emcp.com
No phone calls please.
EMC Publishing LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disability.
EMC Publishing, LLC is committed to providing Equal Opportunity to all applicants. In accordance with our policies and federal law, we’re committed to provide reasonable accommodations. If you are a qualified disabled person, a disabled veteran or have other barriers to access our online application system, please contact Sally Bannochie at 651-290-2800 to discuss alternative ways to apply for employment.